Friday, February 12, 2016

FP1 Trial Observation with Ema

Ended today pretty early because I started work at 7am. All the children were in their new year clothes!! All of them were looking so cute and makes me wanna squeeze their cheeks HAHAHA. 

Laoshi came up with the idea of having catwalk in class and all of them look so funny!! HAHA. Shared biscuits and cookies that all of them brought and they had a hard time eating lunch! HAHAH. Shirah received news that we would be having meeting at 1pm and hence they were on their mattress by 12pm+! HAHAH. SO EARLY. They usually lie down around 1pm+.. hahahah anw, because of the wrong info, Shirah suggested waking them earlier so that I could show Ema my interaction activity that I had planned. 

Guess what! Ema and Intan came over to K1 for their lunch and they bought ice-cream *SCREAMS* HAHAHAHA. The chocolate ice-cream tasted just nice and not too sweet! We then had a mini farewell for Tcr Azlin with the teachers and aunties at bay3 at 2.30pm. Initial plan was to wake them up at 2.30pm but we decided to join in the celebration and eat! EAT AGAIN. HAHA. 

After they were awake, I took over and I was feeling so nervous since it was the first time being supervised for my interactions with the kids!!! Thank God really that I had everything written down and somehow I was able to carry out and use the right words and rules with them! 


Good points: 
- Positive engagement 
~ Asking children to hold on even though children were calling for me HAHAHA. 
Gosh I can't forget that moment. I was talking to charlene or someone and this Kaitlynn wanted to show me her model... guess what she did! She kept calling Teacher Joy Teacher Joy nonstop!!! HAHAHAH. I was pretty amazed that she was patient enough to repeat for so long! HAHAHHA. But Ema said that I was patient to ask her to hold on too. HAHAHAH. 

- Laying rules and giving warnings
~V's table was pretty noisy as KH was unable to reach for the toys, but V was unhappy that he was unable to reach for the toys and started throwing toys. Quickly stopped him and explained to him and made him think in people's shoe. HAHAH. Positive interactions too! 

- Finding new toys to solve unexpected situation
~ I've always thought there were sufficient blocks for children but I was wrong today!!! It was not enough for 5 children! Quickly used another box of toys as substitute and even though I had to put them behind the shelves, I was able to move around all tables

- Allowing choices
~ Giving children choices after they are done with their work! HAHAHAHHA. That's a pretty good thing because they won't be around to disrupt the other children!!! 

- Recognising children's artwork
~ Constant praise and taking pictures for children


Things to improve: 
- Ensure sufficient materials
- Have better classroom management for transition because I just let them run off to the toilet. HAHAHAH. 



Ema said she thought it would be a challenge especially when I took all 15 children but she said I managed it well!! :) HAHAHA. PRESCHOOL TEACHER ARE FULL OF PRAISE EVEN WHEN YOU ACHEIVED A LITTLE THING! HAHAHAH. 

Because...

Little things are big things.. Big things are little things... ;) 

No comments: